The delicious Daffodil Afternoon Designer Series Paper sets a beautiful garden scene for our card. This paper is one of the FREE Sale-a-Bration treats and only available during Sale-a-Bration. We are pairing the paper with Ombre Specialty Paper and Amazing Thanks Dies for this stunning slimline card. This Slimline Card is a perfect fit for our Slimline Envelopes. (I’ve included pics and the link below)
Sale-a-Bration has been extended to March 16 in Australia so you have a little longer to earn these & other FREE Sale-a-Bration treats.
Welcome to your Make it with Margi February Tutorial Card # 2 Please read on for all class kit dimensions and step by step directions.
If you are not in my class groups, you are welcome to enjoy these designs and adapt for your own creativity. You might like to join one of my online or in person class groups and receive your pre-cut card kit. If you live in Australia, you are more than welcome to join my classes or shop with me using my 24/7 Online Store. I would love to hear from you.
SAB Daffodil Afternoon Paper with Amazing Thanks Dies Card
Ingredients for Daffodil Afternoon & Amazing Thanks Slimline Card
Let’s step through the ingredients used for our card. Some are in the Annual, some in the January-June 2022 Mini Catalogue and some are in the Sale-a-Bration Brochure.
Daffodil Afternoon Designer Series Paper (SAB)
It is one of the FREE Sale-a-Bration items with a qualifying $90 order and is only available during Sale-a-Bration.
Add a touch of gentle elegance with the Daffodil Afternoon 12″ x 12″ (30.5 x 30.5 cm) Designer Series Paper. Imagery in the pattern paper includes soft spring blooms of daisies, poppies, and daffodils in a variety of jewel tone colours. It also coordinates with Daffodil Daydream Bundle in the Mini Catalogue.
Click HERE for Daffodil Afternoon DSP in my 24/7 Online Store
In this card we are using three of the 12 patterns. The large Daffodil scene is perfect for any card front, even a Slimline Card. Can you see that we are using the “check” pattern for the bottom of the card front? Our layering cardstock colours coordinate with the Pale Papaya and Flirty Flamingo checks. On the inside of the card we are mirroring the layout and using another of the designs for the highlight on the bottom of the card insert.
Amazing Thanks Dies
Saying “thank you”, “you are amazing” & “Thanks” is easier than ever with the Amazing Thanks Dies. These simple words can be added to any image to create beautiful thank-you cards and other projects. These dies are so versatile and can be easily used over and over again.
Click HERE for Amazing Thanks Dies in my 24/7 Online Store
Ombre Specialty Paper
Add pizzazz to your projects with these glittering glimmer ombre papers. Not only do these specialty papers glimmer in fun bright colours, they also have an ombre effect (the colours gently blend from light to dark) so be sure to show off the cascading tones of colour in your projects!
Click HERE for Ombre Shimmer Paper in my 24/7 Online Store
Daffodil Afternoon Paper with Amazing Thanks Slimline Card Kit
Here is your class kit.
- Stamp Sets, Dies & Punches: Amazing Thanks Dies
- Papers: Daffodil Afternoon DSP (SAB), Ombre Specialty Paper, Evening Evergreen, Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya and Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Other: Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon, Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Tear & Tape, Take your Pick Tool, Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine
HERE is the direct link to all current products in my 24/7 Online Store.
- Card Base: Pale Papaya 21 x 18 cm scored in half at 9 cm (I have done this for you),
- Layering cardstock & DSP: Flirty Flamingo 20.1 x 8.1 cm, Daffodil Afternoon DSP 15.3 (6″) x 7.6 cm, Daffodil Afternoon DSP 7.6 x 4.4 cm (1 3/4″).
- Inside of Card: Flirty Flamingo 20.1 x 8.1 cm, Very Vanilla cardstock 15.3 (6″) x 7.6 cm, Daffodil Afternoon DSP 7.6 x 4.2 cm (1 3/4″).
- Other: Evening Evergreen Ribbon 13 cm, Very Vanilla Lace 32 cm.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- Burnish card base along score line.
- Adhere two die-cut “Amazing Thanks” pieces together.
- Adhere Daffodil ‘scene’ DSP to top of Flirty Flamingo cardstock, Adhere Daffodil ‘check’ DSP to bottom of Flirty Flamingo layer. They will meet.
- Adhere Evening Evergreen Ribbon over join. I tack the ribbon to the back of the Flirty Flamingo cardstock with Tear & Tape.
- Trim Very Vanilla Lace into two pieces with one piece measuring 10.5 cm. Adhere this piece of lace partially over the top of the Evening Evergreen Ribbon, once again tacked to the back of the Flirty Flamingo Layer with Tear & Tape. I just had the satin edge of the Evening Evergreen Ribbon showing below the Lace.
- Tie a bow with the remaining Very Vanilla Lace and adhere to card front with Mini Glue Dot.
- Adhere this layer to the card base using glue or Dimensionals. I used Dimensionals.
- Adhere your completed ‘Thanks’ piece to the card front using glue.
- Adhere Iridescent Rhinestones.
- For the card insert, adhere Very Vanilla cardstock to top of Flirty Flamingo layer, adhere Daffodil DSP to bottom of Flirty Flamingo. There will a tiny gap between these two pieces.
- Adhere this completed layer to the inside of the card.
Some Other Examples for You.
The Slimline Card is a perfect fit for our Slimline Envelopes
* 5 each of 3 colours
* 3-7/8″ x 8-7/8″ (9.8 x 22.5 cm)
* May require extra postage; check with your local postal serviceProduct colours: Smoky Slate, Soft Succulent, white
HERE is the link to product in my 24/7 Online Store
CREATIVE WOW TUTORIAL: HERE IS THE FEBRUARY 2022 SNEAK PEEK
BE INSPIRED BY THESE FABULOUS “LOVE” IDEAS
I have emailed all the Tutorials for the previous months. As the files are quite large, please let me know if you have not received your copy. Please be in touch if you would like to purchase back copies of previous Tutorials or, this current Tutorial.
JOIN MY TEAM – SALE-A-BRATION TREAT:
Join just for yourself to get a discount, and/or build a business, be part of my team and meet friends who love to craft. The choice is yours, and I’m only too happy to chat with you OR, you might like to hop on over to my JOINING PAGE
Here’s a quick look at the offer including the Sale-a-bration treat! (extended to 16 March 2022)
- Choose $235 product for a $169 ($66 for FREE). You’ll also get your choice of any two stamp sets for FREE from our current Catalogues.
- FREE Shipping
- FREE Business Kit, including current catalogues.
- And the opportunity to order from any existing catalogue at 20% discount.
JOIN MY CLASSES:
Please contact me if you would like to join my paper-crafting classes. I run several class groups.
You might like to arrange a private class for you and your friends, or you might like to join my online/virtual class with prepared class kits and PDF/web Tutorials.
Please chat to me about your ideas or queries.
Have Fun Crafting. Enjoy the samples and your own wonderful creativity.
Facebook page is:
Pinterest site is:
……… till next time, stay safe, have fun!
LOVE IT. LIVE IT. SHARE IT.