In our Tutorial Class Card, be transported to a Grassy Grove in Autumn, Winter or Spring with New Horizons Designer Series Paper and Grassy Grove Bundle. There are three choices of colourways and seasons.
This card is the third of our April Class cards, all featuring Designer Series Paper and Dies. In some cases the paper is the hero while in others, it is the die and/or stamp set.
Card #1 was quite simple. Pick any stunning DSP and ‘lift’ the design with a die-cut to create dimension. HERE is the link to our Flowering Fields and Stitched Rectangles Card.
In Card #2 we dived into the ocean with Waves of the Ocean Collection featuring DSP, Foil, Bling and Waves of Inspiration Bundle. The bundle is pre-release from our upcoming 2022-203 Annual Catalogue. HERE is the link to our Waves of the Ocean Double Z Fold Card.
In Card #3 we are pairing Grassy Grove Bundle with New Horizons DSP and highlighting both sides of the paper. The Grove Dies provide a fabulous frame to show off the paper. This design shows off both sides of the paper as it’s too pretty to hide!
Welcome to your Make it with Margi April Tutorial Card #3. Please read on for all class kit dimensions and step by step directions.
If you are not in my class groups, you are welcome to enjoy these designs and adapt for your own creativity. You might like to join one of my online or in person class groups and receive your pre-cut card kit. If you live in Australia, you are more than welcome to join my classes or shop with me using my 24/7 Online Store. I would love to hear from you.
Ingredients for our Grassy Grove & New Horizons DSP Card
Let’s step through the ingredients used for our card. Some are in the Annual and some are in the Mini Catalogue.
New Horizons Designer Series Paper
The New Horizons 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper might possibly be the most beautiful patterned paper you’ll ever buy. These horizon scenes were hand-painted by one of our talented artists. The tranquil watercolour imagery will look beautiful as a background on a card front or on a scrapbook page. It’s versatile, too. Turn the paper upside down to change water to sky or whatever you can imagine.
New Horizons Paper is in the Mini Catalogue and is available until June 30 or while stocks last.
Click HERE for the product link in my 24/7 Online Store
Grassy Grove Bundle
Create a forest grove with the Grassy Grove Bundle. Mix and match the stamp images and die-cut elements to create a layered natural setting.
The stamp images include hills, grasses, and trees to create a natural setting, or the images can be stamped to create a single-colour silhouette. The set also includes a sweet doe to use as a focal point on your projects and a variety of card greetings that will appeal to everyone. The rubber on the stamp includes a subtle texture so when it’s stamped there is natural-looking shading and highlighting.
The dies also cut stand-alone elements as well as stamped images.
Grassy Grove Bundle continues into the 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue.
Click HERE for the product link in my 24/7 Online Store
Grassy Grove & New Horizons Paper Card
Here is your class kit. NOTE: I cut the Silver Foil die-cuts with Adhesive Sheet backing for you. I love our Adhesive Sheets as they make adhering foil and narrow die cuts a breeze!!!
- Stamp Sets, Dies & Punches: Grassy Grove Bundle, Celebrating You Stamp Set, Lovely Label Pick a Punch.
- Papers: New Horizons DSP, Silver Foil Specialty Paper, Blackberry Bliss, Evening Evergreen OR Night of Navy cardstock and Basic White Cardstock.
- Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Evening Evergreen OR Night of Navy.
- Other: Adhesive Sheets, Mini Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Take your Pick Tool, Paper Trimmer, Grid Paper (great for lining up your creations!), Cut & Emboss Machine.
HERE is the direct link to all current products in my 24/7 Online Store.
- Card Base: Blackberry Bliss, Evening Evergreen OR Night of Navy, 29.7 x 10.5 cm scored at 14.85.
- Layering Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Evening Evergreen OR Night of Navy cardstock, 13.9 x 9.5 cm.
- Layering DSP: New Horizons DSP one 6″x 6″sheet, cut as follow to set up your scene. 1 or 2 strips of 6″x 1/2″ (1.3cm),1 piece (scene) 6″ x 4″ (15.1 x10.1cm) then cut to 14.5 x 10.1cm. We will use the remaining 10.1 x 0.6 cm strip to decorate the inside of the card. The balance of the 6″x 6″‘ sheet is scrap and can be used for other creations.
- Insert: Basic White cardstock, 14.4 x 10 cm cardstock
- Other: Silver Foil, approx. 7.5 x 7.5 cm
Step by Step Directions
- Pop out any bits from the Grassy Grove die-cut frames.
- Adhere DSP strip to RHS of Basic White layer and trim off any excess from the strip.
- Stamp pair of trees in your chosen colour onto this Basic White layer.
- Adhere this Basic White layer to the inside of the card.
- Stamp Greeting on one of the 1/2″ 1.3 cm strip of DSP, trim to size and punch each end using Lovely Label Pick a Punch. Set this greeting piece aside for later.
- Dot Multipurpurpose Liquid Glue onto the FRONT of the trees on the CARDFRONT.
- Run a thin bead of Glue around the edge of the BACK of the DSP and adhere it to card front.
- Peel the Adhesive backing off the back of the largest deer and adhere to cardfront.
- Using Mini Dimensionals adhere Grassy Grove die-cut to the FRONT of the card.
- Peel the Adhesive backing off the back of the fawn (smaller deer) and adhere to card front. You may need to use part of a Mini Dimensional under the fawn’s head and/or body.
- Adhere stamped greeting with Glue or Mini Dimensionals (I used Mini Dimensionals). Peel the backing off the silver leaf die-cuts and adhere these to cardfront or greeting layer.
- Open the card and adhere the optional cardstock deer.
Other Samples using New Horizons Designer Series Paper
CREATIVE WOW TUTORIAL: HERE IS THE APRIL 2022 SNEAK PEEK
And here is snapshot of my Tent Fold creation featured in the April Tutorial:
2022-2023 Annual Catalogue
Our new 2022-2023 Catalogue launches on 3 May 2022. It’s fabulous and I will be showcasing new products in my next posts. All April tutorials feature products available from either the Mini Catalogue or Annual Catalogue Many of the products used are carrying over into the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue.
If you are in my class groups or have ordered from me in the last 12-18 months, I have your catalogue for you. Otherwise please be in touch to get your catalogue, as there is nothing quite like having your own paper copy to browse through. The online version will be available from 3 May 2022.
Here are a few sneak peeks for you.
JOIN MY TEAM
Join just for yourself to get a discount, and/or build a business, be part of my team and meet friends who love to craft. The choice is yours, and I’m only too happy to chat with you OR, you might like to hop on over to my JOINING PAGE
Here’s a quick look at the offer.
- Choose $235 product for a $169 ($66 for FREE).
- FREE Shipping
- FREE Business Kit, including current catalogues.
- The opportunity to order from any existing catalogue at 20% discount, receive your copy of the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue.
- And, include Pre-order Items from the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue from 1 April, 2022.
JOIN MY CLASSES:
Please contact me if you would like to join my paper-crafting classes. I run several class groups.
You might like to arrange a private class for you and your friends, or you might like to join my online/virtual class with prepared class kits and PDF/web Tutorials.
Please chat to me about your ideas or queries.
Have Fun Crafting. Enjoy the samples and your own wonderful creativity.
Facebook page is:
Pinterest site is:
……… till next time, stay safe, have fun!
LOVE IT. LIVE IT. SHARE IT